What is obesity?
Obesity is the abnormally high body fat deposition. This is an unhealthy condition. Body mass index (BMI) can be used to find out if you are obese. If your BMI is between 23 and 24.9, you are overweight. If your BMI is above 25 or 25, you are diagnosed with obesity.
P.S. : BMI can only be used as an indicator of obesity in adults. It is not correct for children.
What Causes Obesity?
The main cause of obesity is an imbalance in the number of calories our body gets and expends.
As two main causes of obesity;
- Increased consumption of high energy, high sugar, oily foods.
- Decreased activity, such as increased physical activity, changes in traffic patterns, and urbanization can be taken.
How to reduce obesity?
Obesity as well as its diseases are highly preventable. The basic thing to do for this is to maintain a good diet and engage in daily physical activity. Here are some tips you can follow to prevent obesity.
- Minimize high sugar and salty foods.
- Increasing the intake of vegetables, fruits, flakes and nuts, whole grains.
- Engage in 150 minutes of physical activity per week.
No matter what food you eat, keep in mind that the amount of energy you consume per day should be equal to the amount of energy you need per day. But if you are already obese or overweight, the amount of energy you get from food should be less than the amount of energy you need per day. We hope to bring you more details in future articles. Have a healthy day!